TIPS FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY A HURRICANE
Brought to you by Stonewall Insurance Agency:
• PLEASE DO WHAT IS NECESSARY TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES. We care about you! Please remember that safety must come first. We can repair or replace property but no one can turn back the clock after an injury.
• PLEASE DO WHATEVER YOU REASONABLY CAN DO TO PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY FROM DAMAGE OR TO MITIGATE ANY DAMAGE THAT OCCURS. (For example, if your roof is damaged, have a tarp placed over the damaged roof to limit water intrusion into your home.) Nearly all insurance policies require that the policyholder take all reasonable steps to minimize their loss.
• CALL US FIRST – Don’t become a victim of Assignment of Benefits fraud and abuse.
• Call Progressive/ASI as soon as you become aware of a possible loss.
• Some repair companies may try to convince you to sign an Assignment of Benefits (AOB) and begin repairs before calling us. An AOB is a contract between you and a third party – typically a contractor, roofer, or water mitigation company – giving them the right to deal directly with your insurance company and to receive payment for your claim. In some instances, this could result in a loss of coverage, leaving you holding the bill.
• Never sign anything related to a possible loss without first calling us or your agent.
• Calling us as soon as you become aware of or suspect any damage puts you in control of your claim and ensures repairs are completed to your satisfaction and our high-quality standards.
• SAVE ALL RECEIPTS AND TAKE PICTURES if you are safely able to do so. You can provide these to your adjuster.