Homeowners Insurance Tips For Protecting Your Home During Thanksgiving!
The holidays are quickly approaching and plans are being made now as to who will be hosting who, who will bring which covered dishes and who will bring the desserts and drinks. Below are some general guidelines we recommend when hosting for the holidays to protect yourself from a homeowners insurance claim:
1) keep kitchen clear of a lot of people, especially with a hot stove or oven
2) consider putting down mats on the tile floor of your kitchen to reduce slippery areas should water or oily foods spill
3) check your chairs where people will be eating, are they sturdy or are there wobbly legs?
4) if you have a table with legs that you insert be sure they are securely inserted so you don’t lose half your table during dinner
5) remove or lock up medicines and prescription drugs if you have such items in your bathroom medicine cabinets…little wandering children could have a “hay-day” and think it’s candy when nobody is looking! 6) do you have throw rugs in your home? You may consider picking these up while entertaining to avoid a trip hazard
7) do you have electrical cords running outside your home in what could be “high traffic” areas? You may consider winding these up just while you have guests over
8) steps to get in and out of your home – are they wood? Are the panels nailed down? Do you need additional strips of the non-slip adhesive?
9) consider where people are parking, is it easy for more senior guests to make their way up your driveway into your home?#Stonewall