5 Home Maintenance Tips for Spring
Brought to you by Stonewall Insurance Agency:
The following tips will get your home ready for Summer during this Spring Season:
1. Examine Roof Shingles-Examine roof shingles to see if any were lost or damaged during winter. If your home has an older roof covering, you may want to start a budget for replacement.
2. Check the Gutters-Check for loose or leaky gutters. Improper drainage can lead to water in the basement or crawl space.
3. Check Outside Faucets-Check outside hose faucets for freeze damage. Turn the water on and place your thumb or finger over the opening. If you can stop the flow of water, it is likely the pipe inside the home is damaged and will need to be replaced.
4. Service the AC Unit-Have a qualified heating and cooling contractor clean and service the outside unit of the air conditioning system.
5. Check Power Equipment-Check your gas- and battery-powered lawn equipment to make sure it is ready for summer use.